It may still feel like summer out there, but many kids have started back to school over the past couple of weeks. What does this mean for you? Probably more traffic, busier mornings and evenings, if you have kids, and finding a "new normal" with your exercise routine.
What does "normal" look like for your exercise routine? Will you go back to what you were doing before the kids got out of school for the summer? Will you continue what you were doing over the summer? Will you start something new? Check out our tips on how-to ease back into your exercise routine once the kids are back in school below.
1. Choose some form of activity/exercise that you like to do. The more you like it, the more likely you are to stick with it.
2. Enlist a buddy. You're not just helping yourself be accountable here, but your buddy, too.
3. Sign-up for a fitness class (more accountability). There are so many out there, keep trying until you find one you like.
4. Hire a trainer (again with the accountability thing). Also cuts down on wandering around the gym and increases focus on what works.
5. Get everything you need ready the night before (if you're doing early AM workouts or bringing your clothes with you packed for a lunch or after work workout.)
As counterintuitive as it may seem, exercise will help you through this sometimes stressful transition from summer into fall.