I saw the hashtag “#ditchtheheadtrash” on a friend's Facebook post last night and it stuck with me. Ditch the head trash. Man, if that isn’t the truth and something to really focus on. I don’t know about you, but depending on the day, there can be an awful lot of head trash going on upstairs in my head. Jumping to conclusions. Disqualifying the positive. Blowing things out of proportion without the evidence to back those things up. Blaming myself or taking responsibility for things that aren’t my fault. All or nothing thinking. Over-generalizing. Only playing attention to certain types of evidence. My brain does all of the above!
When I find myself in a cycle of head trash I have been trying to step back and take a look at what is going on. First I take a deep breath. Then I work on sorting things out. What are the facts…the evidence…the truth? It isn’t always easy. There are definitely times when I just can’t get there and that’s okay. But I really try to keep my emotions and reactions in line with the truth. I know I am worthy. I will triumph over the head trash!
The following has been floating around the internet for a while and I thought it was worth sharing again. Read it, print it, share it with every woman you know.
10 Facts Every Woman Should Know
1. Everyone has rolls when they bend over.
2. When someone tells you that you're beautiful, believe them. They aren't lying.
3. Sometimes we all wake up with breath that could kill a goat.
4. For every woman unhappy with her stretch marks is another woman who wishes she had them.
5. You should definitely have more confidence. And if you saw yourself the way others see you, you would.
6. Don't look for a man to save you. Be able to save yourself.
7. It's okay to not love every part of your body....but you should.
8. We all have that one friend who seems to have it all together. That woman with the seemingly perfect life. Well, you might be that woman to someone else.
9. You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort, or a backup plan.
10. You're a woman. That alone makes you pretty damn remarkable.